This is one of those perfect I-want-something-and-I-want-it-NOW kind of treats. In just a few quick minutes you’ve got creamy dreamy chocolaty goodness – and in moderation it can be healthy too! By sweetening this drink with dates and adding nuts and seeds, the fiber and fat helps to slow the sugar absorption into your blood stream, reducing the overall impact on your blood sugar. The nuts and seeds in this drink add metabolism fueling, heart healthy, inflammation busting healthy fats – as well as naturally sourced minerals in nuts, seeds, and cocoa; including the stress busting mineral magnesium.
This recipe is set to satisfy your sweet tooth without causing a sugar crash afterwards, and is oh so comforting on a rainy day or a cold winter night.
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 packed tablespoon raw cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil/grass fed butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1.5 cups hot water
- Pinch of cinnamon or cayenne (or both!) optional, but recommended
- Add water to a pot or kettle and set to boil.
- Add remaining ingredients to the blender.
- Once the water has boiled, add to the blender.
- Blend 10 second low, 10 medium, 10 high.
- Note: This may take up to and extra 30 seconds on high if you don’t own a high powered blender.